Work at uKu
🗄️ #mobile #3D #social #genZ #game ∙📍 Full Remote + Office in Paris FR ∙ 💸 Funded ∙ 👯 10 people
Wtf is uKu?
🚀 We are on a mission
Despite spending more and more time online, people feel more isolated than ever. Current social apps are centered on individuals, and most communication apps are dull. We aim for most of our users' time to be spent with good friends, creating new memories and a sense of belonging. So, we are creating a new category between social & games.
✨ Our take
The best online interactions happen in multiplayer games where people come for the game and stay for the socialisation. Unfortunately, lot of people don’t define themselves as gamers and are still missing out! We believe gen-z deserve better. Gamer or not.
uKu is the junction between a discord voice chat and a mobile game. It allows groups of friends to meet and chill in a 3D room (= their "coloc"), live new adventures, customise and earn money along the way. Come for the communication, stay for the game.
👀 Current stage
- We assembled in July 21 to try a few ideas, prototype and learn during the summer.
- We pitched our vision to some of the best investors in the world and raised our pre-seed in Oct-Nov 21.
- Since Nov 21, we are busy building the alpha of uKu and testing w/ users on a weekly basis. We are now a team of +9 passionate builders distributed between Colombia & France. Adding hundreds of users on the waitlist every month (👋 Tiktok)
🚨 Wanna join us?
If you join us, you’ll be an early team member and will help to shape:
- Our future company culture
- Our engineering & building practices
- Future people that we hire
- The direction & focus of our product
🖖 How do we work?
We are huge believers that these processes work both ways. We organise several steps for you to get to know us, the way we work, our values and expectations. And the other way around. Come as you are, with your questions and challenges. This process may vary a little depending on the specifics of a job...
- Deep dive interview - 50 min call to deep dive on your role, past experiences, personality, wishes, and what resonates with you in our product. Usually happen with the future manager & 1 other team member.
- Technical interview - 50 min call to deep dive on the test you received and completed. Reminder: there is no perfect answer, we are mainly interested in how you think & how proactive you are.
- Founders call - 15 to 30 min call to meet the founders, get to know more about the vision and culture.
How long does it take?
- After receiving you application, we will take the time to review it and get back to you within 5 working days.
- Between the first call and last step, we usually take up to 2 weeks. It may take longer depending on external factors but we will always try to say it upfront. As a matter a fact, we are a startup, time is our enemy and we try to move fast.
- Diverse: you should know that we are a diverse team (and we cherish it). Half the team is Colombian, the other half is French. Our natives languages are Spanish & French but we speak English between us.
- Dedicated: we are on the mission of inventing a new category, between social and game, to create a sense of belonging. We have a bold vision and will prioritise ambitious, autonomous and passionate people.
- Growing: we value candidates with a growth mindset, low ego and fighting respectfully for the best ideas to win. Being accountable and proactive is a requirement.
- Product-driven: you will feel at home if you obsess about users’ needs, outstanding design & experiences, and best in class execution. We created a product driven company.
Yes! But we are not announcing specifics yet.
We are lucky to have some of the best investors in social involved in our mission, from France to the US. We raised our pre-seed in Nov 21 and busy building the team & the alpha since then.
We have a flexible remote policy (aka. whatever works for you is okay). We just follow a few rules 👇
- We have an office in Paris 10 (France). You can be permanently based there if you wish, but it’s completely optional.
- You can work from home, whatever your country* We just ask you to be on the same timezone than your department (+/- 2H) for your permanent location. But you can work from elsewhere whenever you wish, unless your job is impacted.
- You can travel to the HQs anytime you want or invest in your home setup. We got you covered with a confortable allowance.
Our focus with perks & benefits is to offer everything teammates need to do their best, healthiest work and keep developing their craft.
- 🏡 Work Remotely: very flexible remote policy (see above “Where do we work?”)
- 💰 Competitive package: we offer Parisian salaries & meaningful equity whatever the place you live in.
- 🏖️ Vacation: 10 days off, in addition of the 25 French days.
- 🤒 Free Health Insurance: modern health insurance (Alan in France & other providers elsewhere via Deel). Flexible sick leave & parental leave.
- 💻 Home office setup: a dedicated budget for remote setup and the latest hardware.
- 💬 Free English Classes: if needed, we offer free classes for you to feel confortable and able to voice your ideas.