😴 This position has now been postponed
Why is this role awesome?
Work on a category defining product, between social and gaming, adding hundreds of users every week. Joining us is the best way to:
- Be part of a true product-centric company. This is it. You’ll get to spot a true unicorn 🦄. Everything we do is to create the best product. Ever. We love our craft & follow these building principles.
- Tackle exciting new challenges like creating a product from scratch (pre-PMF), shaping new features to balance a 10x better utility with fun, getting to know deeply gen-z users & foster social mechanics that improve inner-groups communication.
- Be very early & have an impact on the app, the user experience, the users, and the company. Surrounded by the 🐐 goat (= amazing design/engineering/product teams) & shipping at the speed of light ⚡ (= more learning).
- Bring virtual worlds to everyday people & make communication more alive. No need to be a gamer, just passionate about cracking these problems. More on our vision in Work at uKu
Meet your future manager
... and how talkative he is... but good news: you can either read or speed him up ;)
You will blossom if...
- Experienced - you are an experienced Product Manager (+2-5y or have an extra-ordinary track record), have a strong product sense, love talking to users and a keen eye for details. Aka: there is not a week without one of your teammates asking for your take.
- Growth mindset - you are passionate, curious and analytical. You are quick to identify potential issues and come up with a better plan. You leverage your creativity to find original and pragmatic solutions. Aka: you read, try, experiment & always find new smart solutions to problems
- Low ego, high impact - you are never satisfied with status quo, you fight for the best ideas to win but you know how to operate in a team, even disagree & commit when necessary. You are reliable, accountable and help the whole team win. Aka: you have an impact both at the individual & team level, people fight to have you with them
- Excellent communicator - you are able to speak and write English fluently, summarise and present your ideas clearly, you know when to ask for help or give feedbacks. Aka: you never heard yet someone telling you “I don’t understand what you mean”
- Shared values - you want to join an international and diverse team because you know that talent does not depend on the place you are born in. Half the team is Colombian, the other half is French. What brings us together is the drive to create a category defining product bringing people closer to each other. Aka: you thrive at the contact of diverse & passionate people
Who are looking for?
We don’t care about your degrees or location, we are looking for the best people around here. Here is a few things we will seek:
- We are looking for a Product Manager with prior experience (+2-5y)
- Experience shaping bets (defining the why, the problem & opportunity, the success metric, and the hard choices - what should not be done at the moment despite being good ideas)
- Experience collaborating with Designers & Engineers towards solutions, balancing out creativity, pragmatism & polish. Reminder: we are a product that needs a strong core experience to win its market, we love polishing (the right things).
- Good knowledge of delivery methods (Scrum, Scrumban, Kanban, Shape-Up) & an open-mind on the topic. At uku, we see our method like a product: we implement the minimal artefacts that solve our current problems
- Fantastic ability to understand users: we are huge believers in discovery practices. We want someone who knows how to ask good questions, use virtuous silence & observe them thoroughly to find the right opportunities.
- Great analytical mind & used to work with tools like Segment, June or Amplitude.
- Fluent english: written and spoken
- Bonus points:
- You are passionate about communication & social
- You have prior experience working on games or mobile apps
- You have already worked for gen-z users
- You love talking to users (you can’t never have enough)
- You love using Notion (our entire company is in it)